Brother hl-2170w Driver Download All In One
Brother hl-2170w Driver Download All In One Support Operating System
This is simple summary to set up Brother hl-2170w Driver for wireless printing in a home network environment, for lazy people that do not like to read the lengthy user manual. This little printer is quite good for the price. Even though it can be used as a USB or Ethernet printer, the fun is to use it wirelessly, and it can be put wherever comfortable for you. Installing the printer in USB or wired connection mode is simple and not covered here.
What are needed
- Brother HL-2170W with factory settings (If it is stuck with stale network settings, follow this post to factory reset it first.)
- Ethernet cable (only used in initial setup)
- Wireless (Wi-Fi) home router
- Windows PC, connected to router (wired/wireless)
- Download Brother HL-2170W Wireless Setup Wizard for Windows at Brother Solutions Center (e.g.: link for Windows XP 32-bit)
- Download Brother HL-2170W Driver & Software Package at Brother Solutions Center (e.g.: link for Windows XP 32-bit)
Even a wireless printer has to be configured initially in a wired fashion. This wireless setup will make the printer connect to your wireless router, and appear as a standard TCP/IP network printer for PCs in your home wired/wireless network. Do as follows:
- Connect power to printer and turn it on. Do NOT yet connect the printer to your router or home switch/hub through a Ethernet cable.
- Run downloaded Wireless Setup Wizard for Windows, which is WLan_Wiz\WW_ENG.bat for me in the extracted folder.
- Choose Step-by-Step install (Recommended), because I know my router does not support any of the automatic install methods (Secure Easy Setup, Wi-Fi Protected Setup, AOSS). Click Next.
- Choose With cable (Recommended). My desktop PC does not have Wi-Fi to talk to the printer directly. Click Next.
- Now connect the printer to home network using the Ethernet cable and click Next.
- The wizard searches the network and finds the printer BRNxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Choose it and click Next.
- The printer hears the Wi-Fi networks and the wizard lists the available networks. Choose the right one of your home, and setup the authentication/encryption (WPA for me).
Brother hl-2170w Driver Installation :
- For each PC that is going to use the printer, it has to have the network Brother hl-2170w Driver installed.
- Run downloaded Full Brother hl-2170w Driver & Software Package, choose Standard Installation.
- Choose Brother Peer-to-Peer Network Printer (Print directly to the printer over the network).
- Choose Search the network for devices and choose from a list of discovered devices. The installer will find the previously configured wireless printer. Choose that printer.
- After the driver files are installed into the system, click Finish. I also Enable Status Monitor so the tray icon would show the printer status.
- I modified the printer name to “Brother HL-2170W series (Wireless)” in Printers and Faxes, and printed a page from Notepad to confirm.